Saturday, November 08, 2014

UND Hockey: Bryn Chyzyk's WWF Move?



This play got little air time on Twitter last night. I had someone ask me what I thought of the play. If you lay on the puck, before the whistle has blown, there's a good chance this is going to happen to you. In my opinion, Bryn Chyzyk is trying to dislodge the puck. The old go hard to the whistle play. Some have made the argument that the Badger player could have been given a delay of game penalty. Also, I wouldn't call this a WWF move, but I don't watch that sport either.
AndyJohnson, B5Q -- With Wisconsin center Cameron Hughes sprawled out on the ice in the corner, UND winger Bryn Chyzyk dropped two WWF style elbows to Hughes' back. After Chyzyk dropped the first one, he got back up and dropped another for good measure. Somehow the official standing four feet away didn't see anything wrong with that.
I want to be clear. The officiating this season has been absolutely brutal at times. If you don't believe me, read this blog post from another writer. The men in stripes have had some rough games. That being said, I am somewhat surprised penalty wasn't assessed on the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment