Monday, February 01, 2016

College Hockey in MSG

As reported by USCHO in December, the Big Ten Hockey conference will be playing games at Madison Square Garden.

I know, I know, a funny comment popped in my head, but I will save it for later. Last Saturday, Penn State and Michigan played in front of 13,479 fans.


Next December during the 2016-17 season, North Dakota and Boston College will play at Madison Square Garden. I've talked to a few people that have already made their travel plans. It will be interesting to see how many UND fans show up for that one.

With all of these games being scheduled for the garden. My question is, why have a Frozen Four at  Madison Square Garden?
USCHO.COM -- The Big Ten has rounded out its college hockey games at New York’s Madison Square Garden through 2018 as part of its Super Saturday series.

Wisconsin will play Ohio State on Jan. 28, 2017, while Minnesota will play Michigan State on Jan. 20, 2018.

Michigan and Penn State are set to start the Super Saturday — College Hoops & Hockey series this Saturday. (USCHO.COM)
I am kind of warming to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment